Navigation is one of the more underrated but most important diving skills you can hone as a diver. Whether you're trying to navigate your local quarry, find your way on a massive reef or out in the open, our underwater navigation course provides you the tools, insight and confidence to find your intended locations when diving while increasing safe diving practices .
Who this class is for:
- The certified diver looking for a higher sense of direction and orientation while scuba diving.
- Certified divers in areas where surface swimming isn't advisable.
- Certified divers who enjoy planning & executing specific dive routes.
Our Navigation certification class fee includes:
- Your online learning, tests & one on one instructor review.
- 2 instructor supervised dives in open water.
- Navigation certification card & processing fees.
What you will learn:
- How to use the aquatic environment to navigate
- How to use natural navigation aids
- Compass types, usage and features
- Underwater distance estimation techniques
- Navigating simple and complex patterns
- Dive planning using navigation markers
Navigation certification prerequisites:
- 15 years or older (Under 18 requires parental consent)
- Open water diving certification
- Approved diver medical form
- Liability waiver
- Standard scuba gear (Regulators, BCD, Weights, Tanks)
- Compass (digital or analog)
- Underwater Slate
- Satisfactorily complete the online learning course with a test score of 80% or higher.
- After instructor remediation, a test score of 100%
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate various navigation techniques and achieve navigation goals set by instructor.
- Insure the certifying agency has your photo on their website (no hats or sunglasses)
- 1-2 hours for online learning
- 4-8 hours of instructor led surface & in-water training