Rescue Diver Course
The rescue diver course is widely known as the most challenging non-professional course in scuba. It changes your diving mentality from being solely focused on yourself to observing everyone in your group for signs of distress or potential problems. You will leave this class with improved diving skills, CPR certification, the ability to mitigate risk for yourself and others and the ability to work in a team setting in the unlikely event of a true emergency.
Who this class is for:
- Any Advanced certified diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set.
- Any certified diver who would like to advance their dive training.
- Anyone interested in becoming a dive leader or professional.
Our Rescue Course fee includes:
- Your online learning, tests & one on one instructor review.
- 2 days of instructor-led dives in open water.
- Rescue certification card & processing fees.
What you will learn:
- Prevention and causes of scuba diving accidents
- Scuba diving lifesaving techniques
- Hyperbaric injuries and management
- Accident management skills
- Underwater rescue skills
- Surface rescue skills
- Surfacing unresponsive divers
- In-water diver transport
- Removing divers from water
Rescue course prerequisites:
- 15 years or older (Under 18 requires parental consent)
- Current EFR/Diving First Aid certification/CPR AND First Aid Certification
- Oxygen Administration Provider
- Advanced Adventure Diver
- 15 logged dives
- Approved diver medical form
- Liability waiver
- Standard scuba gear (Regulators, BCD, Weights, Tanks)
- Pocket mask
- Satisfactorily complete the online learning course with a test score of 80% or higher.
- After instructor remediation, a test score of 100%
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive emergency planning and execution
- Insure the certifying agency has your photo on their website (no hats or sunglasses)
- Write an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- 3-5 hours for online learning
- 12-16 hours of instructor led surface & in-water training
Please check our online calendar for a scheduled class before purchasing. You may be able to join an already scheduled course.
This class includes your online e-learning material, 4 in-water training sessions with a certified instructor, your certification card (C-Card) and the ability to not only care for yourself, but other divers you are with.