- This event has passed.
Confined Water Class | OW | 10/21/2023 | SDI
October 21 @ 09:00 - October 22 @ 15:00$649.00
Confined Water Pool SessionsWelcome to the first step of your in-water training. We begin in a shallow pool, shallow enough to stand in, as you begin learning the skills necessary to scuba dive (mask clearing, regulator clearing, etc). Your instructor will explain, demonstrate and coach your through mastery of these various skills both above and below the surface. Once you have mastered the skills in shallow pool, we move into slightly deeper water (it's actually easier here) to work on more skills like ascending, descending, equalizing & moving/swimming underwater. This is your first taste of scuba diving and one of our favorite classes to teach!
1st day - Shallow Pool 2nd day - Deep PoolOnce you've completed the confined water portion, we will get you scheduled for your Open Water Checkout Dives.
- Plan on each session lasting about 4 hours, minus transporting your gear in and out of the pool area.
- Your open water certification has 2 in-water training parts, confined water (2 days) & open water (2 days)
- Confined water pool sessions should be completed 1st before moving into open water (although there are a few caveats).
- RSD will provide your BCD, Tanks, Regulators & Wetsuit
- Student must provide their own personal gear (mask, fins, snorkel).
- Please visit our beginner scuba classes page for more information on the process or go ahead and sign up for our beginner scuba lessons.