- This event has passed.
Drysuit Certification Dives | Nov 26, 2023
November 26 @ 09:00 - 15:30$249.00
Are you tired of turning into an ice cube while diving, want to enjoy diving to deeper depths or simply extend your dive season? Diving in a drysuit is ideal when air temperatures are frigid, regardless of the water temperature (but that is nice as well). We'll cover not only HOW to dive dry, but about the features of different drysuits, their benefits & drawbacks.
Who this class is for:
- Any open water scuba diver student or certified diver who wishes to dive more comfortably in colder water.
- Any diver who wants to extend their dive season.
- Any diver who would like to experience an introduction to drysuits, their accessories, maintenance, and how to make basic repairs.
Our Drysuit Course fee includes:
- Your online learning, tests & one on one instructor review.
- 1 day of instructor-led dives in open water.
- Introduction to the practical use of a drysuit.
- More in-depth use & understanding of your drysuit.
- Your certification card.
- Drysuit certification card & processing fees.
What you will learn:
- Types of drysuits
- Types of seals
- Dive wear insulation
- Drysuit valves
- Proper donning/doffing
- Preventing suit squeezes
- Buoyancy control
- Maintenance and care
- Drysuit emergencies
Dry Suit Course prerequisites:
- 12 years or older (Under 18 requires parental consent)
- 80% score on knowledge quests, 100% after instructor remediation
- Approved diver medical form
- Liability waiver
- Standard scuba gear (Regulators, BCD, Weights, Tanks, Drysuit - rentals available)
- Personal scuba gear (mask, fin, snorkel, boots - student must own)
- Class specific equipment (drysuit, additional LP hose on regulator, additional weights, larger fins, etc.)
- Satisfactorily complete the online learning course with a test score of 80% or higher.
- After instructor remediation, a test score of 100%
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Insure the certifying agency has your photo on their website (no hats or sunglasses)
- 3-4 hours for online learning
- 4-6 hours of instructor-led confined and open water training