- This event has passed.
Night/Limited Visibility Diver Class | PADI
October 14 @ 18:00 - 23:00$249.00
Night or Limited Visibility diving is one of our most often asked about classes; both how to get certified and "is it scary". To answer both questions, it's easy. Regardless of what body of water you dive in, aquatic life acts completely differently and come out (like our favorite, Octopus), feed using your lights (Tarpon), hang out on coral heads (Crab) or simply sleep. In addition, this course will teach you not only how to dive at night, but dive in limited visibility as well (quarries, lakes, etc are well known for having less than optimal visibility). Earning your certification prepares you for different diving conditions you may come across.
- October 14th, 2023
- Mystery Lake (Must sign up online BEFORE class time)
- 6m - 11pm (class ending time may vary with class size)
- Please bring lunch, sunscreen, hat you don't mind getting wet, water
- Please bring your pocket mask and any other safety gear you'd like to tryout.
Who is this class for?
- Those who want to observe nocturnal aquatic life
- Those who dive in sub-optimal visibility conditions.
- Those who like to train for a variety of water conditions, opening up more dive locations.
Our Night/Limited Visibility certification class fee includes:
- Your online learning, tests & one on one instructor review.
- 3 instructor-led dives in open water at night OR limited visibility.
- Night/Limited Visibility certification card & processing fees.
What you will learn:
- Why dive at night?
- Special equipment considerations
- Diving light considerations & styles
- Entry/Exit procedures at night
- Buddy contact procedures
- Communications in limited visibility
- Navigation techniques in limited visibility
- Marker light/strobe importance & usage
- How to overcome Disorientation
- Lost buddy procedures
- Light failure procedures
- Buoyancy considerations
- Emergency procedures
- Disabled diver
- Lost diver
- Diving maladies
- Underwater environment
- Nocturnal life
Night/Limited Visibility Diving certification prerequisites:
- Minimum age is 18, 15+ with parental consent
- Open Water Diving Certification
- Approved diver medical form
- Liability waiver
- Standard scuba gear (Regulators, BCD, Weights, Tanks)
- 2 underwater lights, tank light, surface/underwater strobe (optional)
- Satisfactorily complete the online learning course with a test score of 80% or higher.
- After instructor remediation, a test score of 100%
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution.Satisfactorily complete the online learning course.
- Complete all Night/Limited Visibility dive requirements safely and efficiently.
- Upload a photo to the certifying agency website (no hats or sunglasses)
- 1-2 hours for online learning
- 3-4 hours of instructor led surface & in-water training