- This event has passed.
Open Water Class | OW | SDI
November 4 @ 09:00 - November 5 @ 14:00
Open Water SessionsReady to swim with the fishies? This is your chance. Our Open Water Training Sessions are conducted in, well, open water. We utilize the local quarries that are dedicated for Scuba Diving and/or you can finish your training in the Ocean. This is where you show off the skills you mastered during your pool sessions as well as a learn a few more. Your instructor will give you a brief refresher you on all skills and have you demonstrate them underwater. Sitting on a platform watching others perform skills isn't the most exciting thing so, after you've accomplished the skills laid out for that dive, we go diving! This is your first taste of experiencing what it's like to be face to face with aquatic life and we want you to enjoy it! This is, by far, the most rewarding class we teach.
1st day - Mostly skill demonstrations
2nd day - Buoyancy work, dive planning, etc
- Plan on each session lasting about 5 hours, minus transporting your gear in and out of the pool area.
- Your open water certification has 2 in-water training parts, confined water (2 days) & open water (2 days)
- Confined water pool sessions should be completed 1st before moving into open water (although there are a few caveats).
- RSD will provide your BCD, Tanks, Regulators & Wetsuit
- Student must provide their own personal gear (mask, fins, snorkel).
- Please visit our beginner scuba classes page for more information on the process or go ahead and sign up for our beginner scuba classes.