- This event has passed.
Event Series: Public Safety Diver
Public Safety Diver | PADI
November 18 @ 08:00 - November 19 @ 17:00$649.00
Public safety diving requires special training and the right mindset. In the PADI Public Safety Diver course, you’ll learn the basic skills required to pursue opportunities on a public safety dive team and earn a certification recognized worldwide.
Who this class is for:
- Those who want to become a public safety diver
- Those who want to join a team or gain experience in difficult diving scenarios
- Those who want to give back to their community
- Those who want to improve their search & recovery skills
Our Public Safety Diving certification class fee includes:
- Your online learning, tests & one on one instructor review.
- 2 days of instructor-led training on surface and in open water.
- Public Safety Diving certification card.
- Surface Support Specialist certification card
- Processing fees
What you will learn:
- Size up and manage an emergency scene
- Rescue & recover victims
- Vehicle-related victim rescues
- Tactile communication techniques using ropes
- Disorientation drills
- Conduct an arc search
- Limited visibility diving
- Search for missing vehicles underwater
- Minimum age is 18
- Advanced Open Water & Rescue diver certifications
- Approved diver medical form
- Liability waiver
- Standard scuba gear (Regulators, BCD, Weights, Tanks)
- 2 different cutting devices, visual & audible signalling devices, rescue breathing mask.
- (Optional) Dry Suit, Full Face Mask (along with accompanying certifications)
- Satisfactorily complete the online learning course with a test score of 80% or higher.
- After instructor remediation, a test score of 100%
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution.Satisfactorily complete the online learning course.
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently.
- Upload a photo to the certifying agency website (no hats or sunglasses)
- 6-8 hours for online learning
- 2 days of instructor led surface & in-water training