Diving first aid (DFA) for professionals
The Diving First Aid (DFA) for professionals is not just for professional scuba divers. The first aid course provides the industry's most comprehensive education in basic life support skills, CPR, AED as well as O2 administration, neurological evaluations, tourniquet use, deep laceration treatment and more. Don't be fooled by its name, this course is for ANY diver, not just dive professionals.
Who this class is for:
Our DFA certification class fee includes:
- Your online learning, tests & one on one instructor review.
- In-person classroom training with a certified instructor
- CPR certification (must renew every 2 years)
- DFA for professionals certification card & processing fees.
- Pocket Mask
What you will learn:
- Neurological evaluations
- BVM (Bag-Valve-Mask) usage
- Deep laceration first aid
- Tourniquet Use
- Oxygen Administration
- Proper splint creation & use
- Proper sling creation & use
- CPR administration for children, infants, and adults
- AED use for children and adults.
- First aid for possible workplace incidents.
- First aid for common injuries.
- How to recognize and evaluate an emergency and victim
- Be able to provide 1-person infant, child, and adult CPR to a non-breathing or injured person and administer the proper first aid.
- Properly use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
CPR/Diver first aid certification prerequisites:
- 10 years or older (Under 18 requires parental consent)
- Satisfactorily complete the online learning course with a passing test score
- Complete all classroom requirements efficiently
- 2-3 hours for online learning
- 5-6 hours of instructor led classroom training