Been a while since you've blown some bubbles? Your dive skills are perishable and we highly recommend our refresher course if it's been 1 or more years since your last dive. Our in-depth scuba refresher course includes both an e-learning knowledge refresher and getting in the water and running you through the primary skills needed for safe, enjoyable diving.
Who this class is for:
- The certified diver who has been inactive for a period of time and wishes to review the scuba skills and academic information before starting to dive again.
- Any certified diver who wishes to hone their skills with a certified instructor.
Our Inactive Diver/Refresher class fee includes:
- Your online learning, tests & one on one instructor review.
- 1-2 instructor-led dives in open water.
- Inactive Diver/Refresher certification card & processing fees.
What you will learn:
- Dive Planning
- Equalization technique review
- Underwater signal review
- Lung over-expansion review
- Review of dive computer operation
- Scuba system assembly & disassembly
- Weight check & adjustment
- Mask defog
- Donning & doffing of scuba system
- Entry & Exit techniques
- Controlled descent
- Regulator clearing
- Regulator recovery
- Mask clearing
- Finning techniques
- Buoyancy control; hovering
- Underwater tour
- Computer check
- Air sharing ascents
- Controlled ascent; computer assisted
- Log dive
- Underwater emergency scenarios
Advanced Buoyancy certification prerequisites:
- 15 years or older (Under 18 requires parental consent)
- Open water diving certification
- Approved diver medical form
- Liability waiver
- Standard scuba gear (Regulators, BCD, Weights, Tanks)
- Any additional weights or weight systems you already own.
- Satisfactorily complete the online learning course with a test score of 80% or higher.
- After instructor remediation, a test score of 100%
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate sound buoyancy techniques in water
- Insure the certifying agency has your photo on their website (no hats or sunglasses)
- 1-2 hours for online learning
- 3-4 hours of instructor led surface & in-water training
Please check our online calendar for a scheduled class before purchasing. You may be able to join an already scheduled course.
This class is designed to get you back into the water after being inactive for 1 year or longer. It includes your online e-learning, your in-water skills work. Bubble blowing is complimentary.